'Ello ello ello...what's all this then?

I decided to watch every Academy Award®-winning Best Picture since the start, in order, and see how films have progressed and how different generations defined a good film.

I shall also add which character I would most like to slap, and my favourite line from the film. Just for fun!

Note the year reference is the year of the Oscar ceremony, not the film release.

Friday 30 March 2012

Pre-amble: and so it begins!

Having compiled the full list of all movies, with images, and ordered a copy of Wings which I finally found on DVD I can commence this journey as soon as it arrives in the mail. Of 85 Best Pictures, I have seen 20 of them so I'm very excited to be seeing so many wonderful films for the first time. For the ones I've seen I shall try and watch as if for the first time, and above all be fair to the genre.
I want it to be enjoyable as well, hence my "Character I Most Want To Slap" section. Oh yes, every film has one I'm sure!
So why am I doing this? For fun basically! These films were the best of their respective years, and many are hardly heard of nowadays and I decided to check them all out and breathe some new life into them (if anybody reads this Blog that is). As a teen I often watched the old movies for some reason (my parents didn't), the Marx Brothers, Laurel & Hardy and Charlie Chaplin would make me laugh until I cried.
It's hard to give an exact time frame for how often I will post on here, later on I can wander to the video shop and get out 5 at a time...alas the earlier ones are slightly more tricky to find!
I love the film industry and hope to work in it in some capacity...because of that I don't want to screw it so I will be avoiding watching any of these films via illegal downloads, file sharing or Youtube (and I do so love Youtube, don't get me wrong). All films viewed are either purchased or rented.
Come join me, tell your friends and feel free to comment...though I moderate them just in case some naughty person tries to Spam everyone!
BTW if you're someone frightfully important who is bemused at something I say or some breach of copyright...contact me before you contact your lawyer, I'm a nice guy and will try to resolve whatever your conniptions are.
So...which Best Picture are you looking forward to seeing me review? What is your favourite? (a sneaky way to see if anyone I don't know actually reads this)

1 comment:

  1. I think I have seen 20 of them too :) I'm looking forward to seeing you review the older ones because I haven't seen many of those.
    I'm not sure which is my favourite, there are a few that I like but my favourites seem to be nominees but not winners. I think American Beauty would be my favourite from the winners.

    ReplyDelete